The first meeting of this school year went without a hitch. It’s always great to start off the new school year with so many fresh faces.
Now begins your journey to the Collegiate Championships in April whether your going to compete on the team, race in the age group division, or come to cheer on our team towards another great showing. There is no better way to strive for that goal than to have a great team of people around you. We all look forward to the coming year!
Just a quick overview of the meeting:
- If you want a t-shirt, you need to pay your dues by Sept 16th. The dues are $20 per semester payable to James Krahula.
- If you want to swim with the Denton Masters Swim Club; we get a discount to swim with them for $35 a month. Remember your first 3 swims with them are free.
- If you did not do so already; e-mail James Krahula, email@example.com, a schedule of times that you are free to workout. We will be making out a workout schedule accordingly.
- Look on www.unttriathlonclub.com this weekend to get our workout schedule. We will have it posted sometime this weekend.
- If you are not on our e-mail list, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be added.
- If you have any specific questions that you want to ask, please let James Krahula know.
- For any members of the club that might have some training questions please contact Coach B; email@example.com and my phone is 940.206.7918
Once again, we look forward to an amazing year and can’t wait to see what everyone can do!
The UNT Triathlon Club visited the other campus in town today to compete in the TWU Pioneer Power Sprint, hosted by Dallas Athletes. UNT had five athletes compete in the event. Ben Drezek finished 4th overall and 1st in his age group. Philip Dudley also won his age group with a very impressive 10th overall. James Krahula finished 3rd in his age group and was followed closely by Luke Polich who finished 5th in the same age group. Also a big congratulations to Jennifer Murray who finished her very first triathlon this morning and took home 4th in her age group. A full list of the results can be found here.
Ben Drezek – 1st in Age Group & 4th Overall
Philip Dudley – 1st in Age group & 10th Overall
James Krahula – 3rd in Age Group
Luke Polich – 5th in Age Group
Jennifer Murray – 4th in Age Group & First Triathlon
Texas Man Triathlon, hosted by Dallas Athletes, was a great event for the UNT triathletes. Five of our athletes took top spots in their respective age groups as well as a few notable overall top finishes. For two of our athletes, President James Krahula and Sarah Whitehurst this was their longest race so far. The Texas Man Triathlon featured a race distance they referred to as the X-50. This grueling distance consisted of a 1 mile swim, 40 mile bike, and a hard 9 mile run home. For a complete list of results please see the race results page.
Ben Drezek - X-50 distance, 3rd in Age Group and 7th overall
James Krahula – X-50 distance, 2nd in age group
Sarah Whitehurst -X-50 distance, 1st place age group
Luke Polich – Sprint distance, 1st place age group
Ryan Ruh – Olympic distance, 1st place Clydesdale
Our website is up and running! We are still building the website but expect member profiles, schedules, sponsors, and much much more! Until then, please go check out our forum!